Proud Young Parents

A blogg for young parents and young parents to be. All members are currently living in Western Sydney.

Monday, September 1, 2008

My Story

Hi my name’s Kimberly, I’m nineteen and have three children. I have had many good times and many hard times. Well I guess I should start from the beginning I met my partner when I was 15 and fell pregnant three months later and my family did not approve of my partner or of my illegitimate child so they demanded that I have an abortion. I refused because I believe that it is murder, I will not kill my child just because it was not convenient for me, everything happens for a reason.
Ever since then my relationship with my family has never been the same, but it is slowly healing.
I moved out with my partner and things did not go as smoothly as I would of hoped. When I had my son I had no idea what I was doing and it didn’t help that he was born premature. He was born at 29 weeks and 4 days and spent 5 weeks in hospital. When he was discharged I slipped into post natal depression and fund myself in a rut. Not even my partner could help me out of my depression. I eventually found help through my partner and with counseling I slowly got out of my depression. It took about a year. During this time my partner had a serious drug problem and we found ourselves struggling to survive. It was a very difficult time especially trying to do the best I could as a mother without the support of my partner. Before I knew it I became pregnant again with my daughter. I was 17 years old. From here everything seemed to get worse. When I was about 6 months pregnant I confronted my partner about his drug problem and asked him to choose between his drugs or his family. My partner chose drugs. I was heart broken. I left him and went into emergency accommodation. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. It was so difficult as I felt alone and lost. I found I was still trying to fight for my partner’s affection even though he had hurt me more that anyone ever had. We had lost our house and my partner moved to my mother’s house. I chased after him because I didn’t think I could do it on my own. I went to a member of his family who supported me and understood how I was feeling. She was wonderful however I still wanted to be a family especially as I grew up in a broken family. I developed a plan. I thought we could have a new beginning. I found a house and worked towards getting together again with my partner. He told me he was drug free however not long after we moved in together everything went backwards. He started to reuse and even drive his car illegally. Before I knew it he was in jail sentenced to two years. I moved into my mother’s as I had no where else to go. Sadly this also fell apart as she too has mental health issues. I left my mothers with my two children and also my sisters as they were at risk of harm staying with my mother. During this period I discovered I was once again pregnant. I was 18 years.
I contacted DoCs for their support. Docs were concerned as I had no accommodation. My children and my younger sister were taken into care while I found supportive accommodation. So the fun begins. I have currently been staying in a supported accommodation service

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home