Proud Young Parents

A blogg for young parents and young parents to be. All members are currently living in Western Sydney.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Laura Angels Story

My name is Laura and I am a 19 year old mother of a beautiful 13 month old little boy Kayne and I love my life ,but this was not always the story. This story is to show people that things do get better when you hit rock bottom and anyone can turn their life around and make a good life for them selves. This story begins with a 14 year old me sitting alone in a room in a refuge in old mount Druitt ,I knew nobody and knew nothing about refuges , I was to scared to leave my room because there were no locks on the doors and I thought someone would come and steal my one bag of belongings I had .When I finally emerged from my room to go for a cigarette I saw a small blonde girl that looked very familiar ,then I realised she was a girl I new from primary school and I thought to myself what is she doing here ,she was one of those girls that looked like they had the perfect life she was beautiful and had lots of friends and was always happy .We started talking and she told me that she has been living in foster care since she was 5 and a lot of terrible things were done to her and she ran away and was found by police and taken to this refuge .It just goes to show that things are not always as they appear .I have to admit I was glad to here that there are people out there that share the same pain and hurt that I feel .Over the next couple of weeks me and Jess got really close maby a bit too close ,we started not wanting to go to school because we had so much fun together we used to go to the shops every day and steal clothes and makeup ,I know how it sounds but when you have no money and you’re a teenage girl the only way to have nice things is to take them. After a couple of months me and jess got expelled from school .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home