Proud Young Parents

A blogg for young parents and young parents to be. All members are currently living in Western Sydney.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Angela's story

I am a 20 year old young mum of 3 small children aged 30 months, 20 months and 8 months. My children are the best thing that ever happened to me. I had my first child at 17 years of age her name is Taylor and she was born 3.080 kg 52 cm long she was a healthy little girl. I remember like it was yesterday I was in labor for 16 and a half hours. I ended up getting an epidural after around 8 hours. From my experience the epidural slowed down my labor and then when it came down to pushing I couldn’t feel anything so I had to get a vacuum delivery. I was really a scary thing but in the end it was worth it in the end. After I had her I was in a wheel chair for two days and in hospital for 6 days. I was breast feeding in hospital and the nurses don’t tell you it’s not meant to hurt but I got threw it I was breast feeding for around 6 weeks. I had to stop breast feeding because my milk dried up. I remember the first time I got home from the hospital I started crying because I was so scared there was no nurses to help but I was fine. I never new that you had to get up like 10 times a night to feed them and change there nappies so it was a big shock. It’s funny that I look back at it now and think how unaware I was about every thing. How she is 2 and a half and talking and learning more and more every day sing her ABC and a whole heap of nursery rhymes I’m so glad I can

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home